Crisis Prevention through Political Communication
- A rival company accused a building materials company of manufacturing carcinogenic insulation materials.
- Political influence from competitors to amend the German Ordinance on Hazardous Substances.
- The company wants to convince the legislators to retain existing measurement standards and to prevent the unilateral amendment of the ordinance in the competitor’s favour.
- Provision of information to government departments and authorities.
- Explanation of the problem in talks with all responsible central government decision makers.
- The company’s position was taken into account in the amendment of the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances.
- The existing measurement standards were retained.
- Safeguarding of jobs/the company’s operations.
Business segments & services